Webinar on Europrivacy, the Official European Data Protection Seal for GDPR Certification and Compliance Assessment
The European Data Protection Seal for GDPR: Introductory Webinar on Europrivacy Compliance Assessment and Certification Methodology
Europrivacy is the official European Data Protection Seal for GDPR compliance assessment and certification of data processing activities. Validated by the EDPB, it is legally recognised by all EU Member States. Developed through the European research programme, Europrivacy is based on an innovative, efficient and reliable methodology that is made available to qualified service providers, including law firms, consulting firms, and certification bodies. Its online academy enables DPOs, lawyers and other practitioners to learn how to use the scheme and to get qualified as implementer or auditor.
The European Centre for Certification and Privacy (ECCP) invites you to an introductory webinar on Europrivacy. It will start by a brief introduction on GDPR certification. It will continue by presenting the Europrivacy methodology and added value. It will more specifically explain how Europrivacy can be used to:
- assess and document the compliance of data processing activities;
- reduce legal and financial risks of data controllers and processors;
- certify and value the compliance;
- maintain and enhance compliance over time.
After this high-level introduction, the webinar will give an overview of the various resources and tools made available to assess and certify compliance of data processing activities with the GDPR and other national regulations, including its online academy and community website, as well as its global ecosystem of official partners. Finally, it will discuss the opportunities and impact of GDPR certification for data processors and controllers.
- To introduce the GDPR certification and the European Data Protection Seal mechanism (based on Articles 42 and 43 GDPR);
- To give an overview of the Europrivacy methodology for compliance assessment and certification;
- To present the added value of a European Data Protection Seal;
- To describe some key Europrivacy online resources and tools, including its Academy and Community websites.
Who should attend:
- Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Compliance Officers
- CEO and Board members
- Europrivacy main website: https://europrivacy.com
- Europrivacy Online Academy: https://academy.europrivacy.com
- Europrivacy Community website: https://community.europrivacy.com
- Europrivacy information portal: https://europrivacy.info